Project Selection - Film

 Aspects of film production interest me based on my experiences and what I've learned in class.

(Ferris Bueller, All the President's Men, Newsroom, Blog Samples)

  • The interpretation of film production in Nixon, All the President's Men and Newsroom interested me in film making.
  • The dramatization that was shown in all three of the programs sparked my interest in the field of film making and producing itself.  
  • In addition, the documentary Nixon illustrated how cut-throat journalism can really be and the dramatic portrayal of Watergate in the film, sparked my curiosity.
  • To name a few major aspects of film:
  • Editing: Without solid editing, a film can easily look unprofessional. 
  • Casting: Some would argue that a cast makes a movie truly magic.
  •  A problematic cast could possibly throw off the dynamic of the movie and blow up in the directors face.
  • An example of a cast making a movie truly magic would be the cast in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Matthew Broderick has an energy that makes the film the classic that it is. 

Comments

Popular Posts